Medication Management Pharmacy Technician
Based in Richardson, Texas with a satellite office in Minnetonka, Minnesota, Consana is a growing and innovative company that provides high quality clinical solutions for patients, caregivers, and organizations nationwide. Through person-centric comprehensive and traditional medication therapy management and other clinical pharmacy services, Consana pharmacists, interns, and technicians optimize health outcomes for patients while decreasing healthcare costs across the continuum of care. The ideal applicant is passionate, mission focused, and thoughtful, seeking an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team. This is a unique opportunity to help develop new programs, work with talented clinicians, and help shape the future of pharmacy.
To enter all necessary patient health related information needed to perform Medication Therapy Management Services (MTM) accurately and timely within the parameters established by Consana guidelines, state and federal regulations, and per customer requirements. Communicate effectively with patients, clients, and healthcare providers to understand MTM processes, obtain information necessary to perform MTM services by a licensed pharmacist, and schedule MTM encounters as required.
- An environment of excellence and high-quality service;
- Focus on people, communication, trust, and improvisation;
- Competitive salaries;
- Generous benefit plans;
- Paid leave and holidays;
- A relaxed work environment.
Primary responsibilities Include
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Support the Mission, Values, and Vision of Consana.
- Report to Management immediately all instances of misappropriation/handling of company resources.
- Support, cooperate with, and implement specific procedures and programs for:
- Maintaining confidentiality of all data, including patient, employee, and operations data.
- Safety and safe work practices established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from harassment, and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Support and participate in common teamwork:
- Cooperate and work together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Use tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follow up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or patients regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns.
- Complete requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Provide great customer service to internal and external customers:
- Promote positive public relations with patients, family members, caregivers, and guests.
- Support Consana in a friendly, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding HIPAA Privacy and Security.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs and/or oversees the completion of all routine and tasks, including but not limited to:
- Obtain all necessary patient health related information for entry into MTM software application; data may include patient demographic information, vital signs, and current medications, including over-the-counter medications and herbal products.
- Assist in preparing for a patient encounter by: printing a current medication list, review and document refill rates for the pharmacist to assess adherence, obtain laboratory values and other health professional documentation from the patient.
- Provide support for administrative tasks, such as maintaining file documentation, scheduling appointment, making reminder calls and supporting documentation as required by procedures and regulations
- Assist with follow-up tasks from the encounter, such as helping patients enroll in patient assistance programs, scheduling follow-up encounters and sending documentation of the encounter to the patient’s physician
- Respond to patient inquiries as necessary
- Assist pharmacist in communication with customers to obtain/clarify medication orders and patient information
- Accepts ownership and accountability for the successful completion of assigned functions and achievement of goals.
- Strives for compliance by all staff with internal controls and state and federal regulations.
- Participates in the development and successful implementation of plan(s) of improvement as indicated, recommended and/or required by Supervisor, Director, or any other corporate or regulatory compliance consultant. Communicates progress toward goals and ongoing obstacles to supervisor and company management team, verbally and/or in writing or as dictated.
- Provides training to other staff that is necessary to successful job performance, consistent with company standards and expectations, and facilitates cross-functional awareness and proficiencies.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Mobility within work environment necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, bend, reach, grasp, perform fine manipulations, etc., necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, personnel and support agencies.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Pharmacy Technician registration/certification (compliant with state regulations)
- Minimum one year of experience with prescription data entry preferred
- Experience reading and interpreting prescriptions
- Consistent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Must be able to work a flexible shift including evenings and weekends
- Strong organization skills including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills; ability to quickly identify problems and find effective solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Basic computer skills preferred; experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work and produce results under pressure
- Ability to effectively and harmoniously interact with facility, management and other employees at all levels; promotes teamwork and professionalism
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Interact with patients, family members, caregivers, staff, visitors, government agencies / personnel, etc. under all conditions / circumstances.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, staff, visitors, etc., under all conditions / circumstances.
- May be subject to frustrations in meeting work demands due to frequent interruptions.
Consana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.